Saturday, March 17, 2007

finally a peace of mind

Finally I can relax down a lil bit. I know I haven't been writing my blog since a month ago?? I guess... haha. sorry for that. During that time, many a thing happened. I'll talk about it one by one over here right now. So, here it is.
transferableCredit
February the 26th : an orientation was held for us foreign students, both transfer credits and new registration students. And the following day, we havta do the subjects registration thingy on the internet and classes started after that very moment (because the other korean students had started their classes that week already). But due to our moving house thingy, we skipped that week's classes. Orientation for our batch 67's juniors is part of the reasons too. haha. OK, now back to the story. Back on the orientation day, the girl who was incharged of giving us all those information about our department, clearly stated that we'll be doing all our transferring thingy on the 5th, because the slip will only be available at that time. So, fine. We waited as the mechanical and chemistry department already informed the students about the ABEEK thingy; how it works and so on. Then, the BIG 5 arrived, so we went to the office to get our slip. We stayed there for like 10 minutes discussing and a call came in and we FINALLY found out that our department have NO DEAN!!!! (dean = the head of department. I have no idea what does the initials stands for). That clerk-girl who all this while already knew about that thing didnt tell us about this SMALL thingy but instead she kept on saying he/she hadn't arrived yet. So now, that position is empty. As in nobody's working as a DEAN in my department~!! Great, just great.... So when are we supposed to do our credits transferring thingy?? According to her, wait till she contact kkhyai (a friend of mine). OK, that's just cool with me.
theNomad
March the 1st : woke up early in the morning in my own dear room; 302, getting all ready to make some real last-minute-packing-thingy, I then headed to 305 (the room I spent my entire 3months-winter holiday in) and move all those stuffs to the ground floor (with the help of some guys both from my batch and junior batch of course. I can't possibly do it all by myself *giggles* thanks you guys) as our booked lorry's gonna arrived at 12noon. I stopped and looked at my watch. It's 15 minutes past 11. gosh! We'd been moving our stuffs since 9 (it's taking so long because the juniors were moving in and we were moving out and that officetel has only ONE elevator) and there're still study tables and beds left to be carried down stairs~!! *ring ring* My phone rang and I pick it up of course. It's my-house-to-be owner on the other side of the phone. He was like, "Where are you?", "Be there right away, sir!", I said. haha. With my unshowered-soaked-in-sweat-stinky-body, I graped my furry sweater and off to my new home to meet the house owner. Well, if you don't know, it takes about an hour subway ride from my college-home to my university-home, which is the house I'm currently staying in now. After getting down from the subway, I ran to catch a bus. I was SO EXTREMELY UNfortunate that I saw that only bus going to my new home just left! Then my phone rang again. This time the owner went, "WHERE are you?? WHY are you taking so long??". I was like, "Sorry sir. I'm waiting for bus. Will try to get there as fast as possible, sir". Then he said, "OK, BE FAST!". *gosh* How can I say such a sentence?? If the bus isn't coming, how am I suppose to get there as fast as possible?? What an idiot I am. *bury head in hands* But somehow I manage to get there to see him, but he told me to go inside the house and stay inside till he get back. He's going for a lunch it seems. I'm hungry too! Do you not know, sir?? I stayed inside the house for quite a period then as if it was a punishment for me for reaching late, I was then listening to the owner's lecture on how dirty the house is and how irresponsible the seniors are. There's a saying I heard from somewhere which I think it suits this situation A LOT! I think it goes like this, "Who keeps on talking while no one's listening?" and the answer is "teacher". haha. In this case, it's my house owner~!! A few moment later the lorry with our stuffs reached and we moved all those stuffs into the house. And a million thanks to all, those who helped~ A BIG thank You again. *muaks*
ABEEK
March the 5th : No DEAN means no transferring credits. No transferring credits means NO credits transferred. So, how are we going to arrange our timetable and the subjects we're supposed to take?? Oh well, we just went on taking the subject we never heard or seen before. So, the problem ends here. Means, we went on studying engineering subjects without knowing what's ABEEK and not taking ABEEK. Do you know how big the problem is for an engineer not taking ABEEK? This is what I heard from my friend, she went, "My bro said that usually in non-governmental companies, they only see the subjects you took. The cert is nothing". And with that, I couldn't be more or less bother about that idiot ABEEK thingy. So, I'll be graduating as a Bachelor in Science Engineering, instead of Bachelor Science in Computer Electronics Engineering. What a sad story.
honourableDinner
March the 12th : an honourable dinner with our Timbalan Perdana Menteri Malaysia that night had been one of my very very proud event this year. With him coming to Korea after his visits to Japan, I finally get to see someone BIG and IMPORTANT this close for the first time. And guess what? I had got not one but TWO hand shakes with him. OK, I know I'm "over" (in korean, over means over-reacting in short) for this. haha. But I'm very excited~!!! haha.
And right on the following day, I saw this article in harakah which stated Malaysian students in Korea were forced to attend this so-called "forced dinner" with the TPM; which was accused by a Malaysian student who was doing his master degree here. It also stated that our secretary sent out a threat letter to all Malaysians students here on how the dinner must go and so on. For me (and I guess the rest might have the same opinion as mine), all the reasons he gave, saying that we were forced to attend that dinner, is just how an actual formal dinner should be handled. To be specific, IT IS the rules of a formal dinner; no sensitive issues asked, arrived in time, and stand up when the BIG guest arrived. Isn't it a manner to respect the elders? What's the use of getting such high education when one don't even know the simple rule when you attend a formal dinner; or you should called it a common sense?
.relaxOut


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No worries, i too, think its typical Malaysian punyer pasal that the board had to do that. All those ill mannered things Malaysian youth usually does, and stuff... *sigh* I guess, those letters are just 'reminders' ... and the threat are just a way to telling those student that the board meant what they said. (or else, which Malaysia Youth would've listen right?) If they are going anyway, they wouldn't have felt the 'threat' in the letter on the first place right? Haaaaa....

1:15 PM  
Blogger eask said...

hahah~~ thks zu~~ u're always on my side right??
because of my lil candle gift?? hehe
jk~

6:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home