Thursday, December 07, 2006

the ghost of me II

I was thinking of trying to write my blog in korean... but guess what? I can't come out with any idea of what to write... I guess korean is rather harder than I thought. Well, I always think korean is very hard though. But this is like even harder than that... ok I'm starting to spit out rubbish... let's get to the point...
First 고민 - university life
I've always been very scard of hard tasks... Well, if it's not hard then it's not even near to a "task" right? I mean, like DongYang life have always been so relaxing and all. And I really enjoy it... up till now of course. Then, suddenly I felt huge depression because I'm scard that I might really sink, drown. Hearing all the seniors complainning about how hard uni life is and how many assignments that need to be done and how EVERYTHING's gonna be harder and it's very very very different from the life we have had before here in DongYang. Not to mention the subjects that we're suppose to take and all... erm.. maybe I'm just thinking too much. But after remembering what the seniors have always say, "Dalam sume sume 과(department) la kan... 전기(electrical) ngan 전자(electronic) la yg paling bz skali. Kira paling tough la."

(For your information, electronic and electronic aka E&E is a separated department here in DongYang. We learn different subjects, use different textbook, do different projects because it's concentrated in their own major. Whereelse, E&E is like a huge field. You learn a little bit of everything. But basically, the things that are taught are about the same.)
So, this is what worries me most.
Second 고민 - house problem
I've been staying in a so-called hostel (it's actually a one-room apartment which the school rent for us, malaysian students) ever since I entered DongYang. This the result from the seniors who took our house money to pay to the owner of their house which need one whole lumpsome of money for the contract of 2years.
(Another good-to-know information, here in Korea they have a few types of house rental -
first it's called a key-money, well that's what we called it. 전세. Rental money is paid one whole big lumpsome range from 33thousandRM to a few hundred-thousandRM depending on the land value and house condition. If you are lucky, you might get into some "interesting" houses with really cheap price. You know what I mean.. hehe. Contract for 1 to a few years is then signed by both parties.
second, monthly paid rental. 월세. It is paid monthly and the price is also depending on the land value and house condition. But you need to pay a deposite money range from 33thousandRM to a hundreds-thousandRM.
third, also monthly paid room rental. Meals included. 하숙집(?). But in this case, you have to stay with either really old auntie and uncles or should I say grandmum grandpa?It's like being adopted by them. So, at home you need to sleep real early or shouldn't make any noise after 10pm or else you might end up getting some lectures from them. They're like your parents remember? You guys stay together. Oh, and if you don't get back home in time for meal. Say sorry to your tummy.
fourth, hostel-like-mini-apartment. I have forgotten what it's called in korean but you don't need to pay deposite for this type of house, or should I say room? hehe... meals are included but this depends on the owner of the mini-apartment. Each floor consist of ONE bathroom and ONE kitchen and each mini-room is like your store room. Maybe your house store room might be bigger than this mini-room. Study table and bed are provided.There's a few more types but I'm not really sure of it. So I'll just end here. ^^*)
Ok... now the continuation for my second chapter of worries. Erm.. let's see. Ok. Then, now we (my to-be-roomates and I) already booked the house of the same senior which I have mentioned earlier. But, we can't get into the house till the end of March of next year which will really cause us problems as the place which we are staying right now is like an hour subway trip from here to the university. And worst, school will be starting on mid-Feb. Which means we have to travel to and fro from home and school for a month and a half! Imagine. It's like living in Alor Star and schooling in Penang. *gulp!* But this problem is already solved. We will be living together with other friends in the university hostel for that period of time. And now what is left is the stuffs! study tables, beds, cupboards, clothes, bags, computers, and all. Hopefully, there's enough space for us to put our stuffs in the house first before my other 2 to-be-roomates go back to Malaysia this 14th and 15th. Please please please. Please let everything runs smoothly as we planned; moving the stuffs into the house on the 13th. *placing hand together praying*

Third 고민 - dubu
Next. Dubu - my pet puppy. During the 1 and a half month tumpang-ing at friend's hostel, I have no idea where to place him. Cause first, lianseng is moving to Ulsan which is a 4 hours of bus ride from here; seoul. Second, as you all know, Muslims couldn't touch dogs. So, I obviously can't ask them for help. (No harsh feelings ok? I'm just stating out the possiblities I can have to solve my problems. Sorry again if it does hurt some parties. *thousand apologies in advanced*) It's a secondary big problem for me. Then last night, suddenly lianseng said that they might have to move out soon which makes the problem even huge-er for me. how how how?????
Fourth 고민 - DSLR
Recently, I've been interested in this type of camera called DSLR and found this really interesting site runs by a profesional photographer, I guess, who tooks great pictures, I guess, for weddings, advertisements, posters etc. Sounds profesional right? And I think I really learn a lot from him. I have survey a few types of cameras and lens and come out with this. This my wishlist for now~ ^^ *grin*


This the camera I want to buy. It's a model of Canon, 400D. I think it's rather interesting.
And this the lens I'm interested in. It range from 28mm to 135mm. Also a model of Canon, EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM. It also come together with a stablelizer(?) and USM. I think I choose this lens basically because I can focused on little tiny objects to range wider than the human eyes; it's rather useful when I'm taking group photos with wide angels.
(Good-to-know information corner, *grin* human eye is range from 50 to 55mm. While digital camera have smaller range due to it's fixed lens so it couldn't capture pictures like the human eyes can. That's why most of the time you could see the whole group of people or panorama view but it never fits the screen of the camera. This is when DSLR camera lens comes in handy. It's adjustable camera lens have variety of range which you can pick from as small as 18mm to as wide as a few hundreds mm. For more information click here.
NOTE: The smaller the number (**mm) is, the wider the picture view. Means usually for panorama view or usually know as wide angle. It goes the same for the bigger number, it can focused on further objects. That's called telephoto.)

So, that's all the worries I have for now. Hopefully everything turns out right. ^^*

News :
Today is my first day working in the 학생상담실 (Sick-bay office) . That's why I could finally find a little time to update my blog. My job here is to attend any injured/sicked student who come to the sick-bay. And of course be teacher's secretary-like and nurse-to-be. But everytime I attend them, I'll finally end up calling teacher because I have no idea how to treat them. Well, I'm an engineer, not a nurse... hahaha..
Next. After receiving a 2 months holiday from being an english teacher. I finally found myself stuck with another pair of students. I don't know if the mother would like me teaching her daughter or not. But since it's near my house, then it might be a good one cause, first, it's winter and I'm so freaking lazy to move around, and second, I'm a lazy but skinny pig. Haha. Sorry for talking rubbish again. *eeps!*
And FINALLY!! my exam ENDS yesterday. That engineering mathematics is my final paper! THANK GOD!

.THE END


2 Comments:

Blogger cheayin said...

wah.... really long blog huh?
hahaha...
tat camera looks really really pro lah.. haha...
holiday finally started..
have fun n welcome back to the blogger's world!
hahaha....

3:23 PM  
Blogger eask said...

haha... thks~
yea de camera sure looks pro...
but i'm not... it's juz my wish list for now...
hopefully i can manage to get one later on...hehe
*wishing n hoping* *giggles*

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home